Best time to travel:
December – April. Rainy hurricane season is June to November
Flight time from Philadelphia:
Nonstop, 3 ½ hours.
Best regions for romantic resorts:
Negril, Montego Bay, Ochos Rios
Getting Married in Jamaica:
- Marriages in Jamaica are legally recognized in the United States
- Blood tests are NOT required.
- Application must be made in advance of the trip.
- Bride and groom must be in the country at least 24 hours before the ceremony.
- In order to secure issuance of a marriage license, the couple should contact a wedding planner or the Registrar
- General’s Department approximately two weeks before the wedding with the following:
1. Both parties’ birth certificates which must include the father’s name or information substantiating same
2. Official photo identification such as a passport or driver’s license
3. Occupations of bride and groom
4. If either party was married before, certified final divorce papers or death certificate of deceased spouse
5. The relevant fees
6. Once the ceremony is performed, the marriage officer will present the bride with the signed marriage license. With that document, an official marriage certificate can be obtained through the Registrar General’s Department online service at the Registrar General’s Office in Jamaica