Mexico’s Riviera Maya has become famous for its collection of beach towns—Playa del Carmen, Akumal, Tulum, and Punta Allen among them—that not so long ago would have been called “sleepy.” Today, they are increasingly popular points along a north-to-south Riviera Maya trajectory, offering an appealing combination of all-inclusive resort and boutique hotel accommodations, along with archaeological sites, a biosphere reserve teeming with flora and fauna, and gorgeous beaches.
Best time to travel:
Late November – February. Avoid March – May as the heat and humidity are oppressive.
Flight time from Philadelphia:
Nonstop, Approximately 4 hours.
Best regions for romantic resorts:
Riviera Maya is comprised of a number of smaller resort towns and villages, including Tulum, Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen, each with their own vibe.
Getting Married in Riviera Maya
- Birth Certificate of Bride and Groom or certified copy of Birth certificate. If parents’ names are not shown on the certificates, please indicate them separately.
- Valid Passports of the Bride, Groom and 4 witnesses (This is essential, otherwise the wedding cannot be performed) PLEASE BRING THESE DOCUMENTS TO THE APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR WEDDING COORDINATOR
- Copy of the Tourist Visa Card of the Bride, Groom and 4 witnesses (This is given at the airport upon arrival to Cancun)
- Blood tests that should be taken in Mexico; they are not valid if it is taken elsewhere. To be considered valid the test should not be taken more than 14 days prior to the ceremony. The blood will be tested for HIV, RPR (sexually transmitted diseases) and blood type. The results will be ready in 24 hours and it will be given to the wedding coordinator to complete the paperwork. A $300 USD + 16% tax, per couple, will apply for the Blood Test
- 4 Witnesses that can sign the legal forms 4 days before the wedding and during the ceremony. If you don’t have the 4 witnesses arriving 4 days before the wedding, the resort will provide the witnesses
- Legal form completed with the names, addresses, nationalities, ages, occupation, relationship, for bride, groom. Please find attached the legal forms to be filled. It should be sent to the wedding coordinator 1 month prior the wedding date.
- Bride & Groom must be in the country 4 business days prior to the wedding (Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays DO NOT count).